Welcome to “What is LinkedIn?”, the first blog of our 8-part series based on our LinkedIn webinar. Our IMG marketing team provides a comprehensive breakdown of everything you need to know about the professional platform and how to use this powerful b2b tool to increase revenue for your business. Watch our full webinar here, or keep reading to learn more about LinkedIn and why you should be using it.
What Is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social media networking site like Facebook, Instagram, and is the largest professional network on the internet.
Reid Hoffman launched the company in 2002, and today, the professional networking site boasts a cool 774+ million members worldwide. Now owned by tech giant Microsoft, LinkedIn’s popularity continues to skyrocket. Whether you’re a small start-up business, big corporation, or a professional looking to get hired—LinkedIn offers a little bit of something for everyone.
How does LinkedIn Work and Who Uses It?
Similar to other social media sites, LinkedIn leverages the power of networking and works by users can create meaningful connections through sharing, commenting, and posting.
LinkedIn is home to many businesses ranging from anonymous start-ups to corporate powerhouses like Nike, seeking prospective customers or hiring. At the same time, their comprehensive career board makes the platform attractive to professionals on the hunt for new job opportunities.
B2B Stats on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is the most trusted social network in the U.S.
- 59.9% of LinkedIn’s users are between 25 and 34 years old
- Every minute, 3 people are hired through LinkedIn
- 57% of LinkedIn’s traffic is mobile
- 55 million companies are on LinkedIn
- 96% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic social marketing
- More than half of U.S. marketers will use LinkedIn in 2021
- LinkedIn has 33 offices and is home to 15,800 employees
What are The Benefits of Joining?
LinkedIn offers a wide range of benefits for businesses and professionals, alike, including:
- LinkedIn is a powerful b2b tool that provides paid and organic content marketing opportunities and increases brand awareness.
- Companies can search and connect with others in their field and stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends.
- LinkedIn’s career board makes both job searching or hiring effortless.
- Build connections and expand on your professional network
In summary, here’s a list of key points covered today:
- LinkedIn is the largest professional network on the internet.
- Members include businesses, companies hiring, and professionals seeking employment opportunities.
- The platform relies on social networking and its members engaging by posting content, sharing, and commenting.
- LinkedIn’s platform offers powerful marketing capabilities that allow users to increase their brand awareness, gain a following, and build their network.
Looking for more information on how to level up your marketing strategy? Check out our guide on everything you need to know about cookieless marketing here.