Are you looking for a new way to increase your engagement and following? Head over to TikTok to find out why this is the new spot for video sharing and creation.
Unless you have gone completely off the grid for the past year, you must know about TikTok, the new and trending video-sharing app. TikTok lets you create and discover original videos with easy-to-use tools to view and capture your moments. It’s easy to engage on, allowing users to watch videos, like, comment, share, duet videos, skip what you don’t like, and much more!
This sounds like just another app to watch videos on, so why is this important for me?” TikTok is THE place to market your business; every account has the opportunity to go viral or ”blow up“ (as the TikTok users say) on this fully interactive app. Delve into unique engagement opportunities to creatively interact with audiences around the world.
TikTok’s ForYou Page reflects the unique preferences of each user. Videos included on the ForYou Page are based on several factors:
- Interactions – Videos you like or share, accounts you follow, comments you post, and content you create.
- Video Information – Hashtags and sounds are the best tools to increase viewer count and find videos you are interested in.
Let’s talk about how you can use TikTok for your business. TikTok’s view on using the app for business is “Don’t Make Ads, Make TikToks,” which explains how you don’t have to pay money for advertisements on the app, just make videos that follow current trends, use popular sounds and hashtags, and let your creativity flourish. No matter how big or small your business is, there is a place for everyone to be discovered.
TikTok has more than 1.5 billion downloads and more than 500 million active users, so there is no excuse for thinking you will not get noticed. The largest demographic on the app is ages 16-24, and it has quickly evolved from just a video-creation app to a marketing and advertising oasis for businesses and users of all ages. This is not a place for formal first-impressions. Let your brand’s personality flow and have fun!
How To Create Your First Tik Tok Video
- Click the plus sign on the bottom of the screen and choose to make a video up to 15-60 seconds.
- Add a song by browsing different genres, playlists, or use sounds from other users.
- Speed up or slow down your clips.
- Insert filters for different colors, contrast levels, and much more.
- Use the timer to cut real-time videos and use hands-free.
- Add dozens of different effects – choose from trending, new, interactive, green screen, and more!
- Tap the share button to make captions, insert hashtags, tag accounts, create a thumbnail, and choose where you want to share it.
The best way to increase engagement is to stay up to date with current trends and re-create videos with your own spin. Take part in hashtag challenges or trending dances and your unique brand will differentiate your account from others. The great thing about TikTok is that it is encouraged to use the same sounds, hashtags, and trends as other users.
Your Next Steps
Now that you know everything there is to know about Instagram Reels and TikTok, nothing is holding you back from getting started! Spend some time scrolling through your Instagram Reel and TikTok feeds to stay up to date with the current trends and sounds. Brainstorm different videos you can create that you think will increase engagement and market your business in a new and exciting way. Good luck and have fun!