Are you struggling to find new ways to reach your customers? Meet your customers where they are! Dive into the new market for video-creation with Instagram Reels.
Introducing Instagram Reels, a new and exciting way to create and share videos. With this new feature, you can record and edit 15-second multi-clip videos to share with your friends and followers. Unlike stories, Instagram will create a Reels page on your profile to display your published videos, available for everyone to see when they view your profile.
You may be wondering, how can I use this for my own business? With this new platform, you have a greater chance for visibility than other social media sites, as Instagram has over one billion active users. If your business has an Instagram account, your brand is already established, and creating Reels can help you reach a larger audience.
“I don’t have a lot of followers, so how will I get other people to watch my videos?” Two words – Explore Page. A new space in the Explore tab allows users to watch Reels that accounts have posted, allowing anyone to expand their presence on the app.
How To Create Your First Reel
- Open Instagram Stories (the camera in the top left corner of the home page), then click Reels on the bottom of the screen.
- Search for songs to use or use your own original sound.
- You can select which portion of the song you want to include.
- The timer allows you to make hands-free videos with a 3-second countdown.
- Select one of the many effects in Instagram’s gallery, and record multiple videos with one or more effects.
- Choose to speed up or slow down the audio or video you selected.
- Click and hold the red circle to start recording.
- Add GIFs, stickers, and text to your completed video.
- You can select when these effects will pop up in your Reel.
- Tap the next button to share.
- Add a caption and hashtags, edit the thumbnail, tag friends, and choose where you want to share it.
Instagram Reels is a brand new platform, so your chance for greater exposure is extremely high! Check out the new trends other users are participating in and put your own spin on it. This is a great way to show the side of your brand’s personality that you can’t show with an image post.
Your Next Steps
The only thing left in becoming an Instagram Reels pro is to make your first video. Open your Instagram app and start creating! Make sure to keep an eye out for part two of this series, where you’ll be introduced to TikTok and learn how to market your business on another new platform.